Friday, July 31, 2009

Swag Friday!


To borrow a post title from one of my favorite bloggers while I'm sitting around waiting for the first design program of the convention entitled, "Colors For Seasons" Presented by Joe Smith, AIFD, I thought I would share the contents of my gift bag from this morning.

Upon arrival at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs (at 1:30 pm mind you) I found out that I would not be able to watch the Grant Awards Contest or the Designer of the Year Competition. While I can understand that it would be a little intimidating to design with a group of spectators, I must wonder what the designers do in their own shops. I made the comment to the people at the registration desk that I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have music playing, people talking, and customers watching my every move. I would be positively mortified to design 5 arrangements in a room full of well no one! Anyway, back to the gift bag...

This year, we get the latest edition of Floral Management, Flowers &, and Florists' Review, as well as a few other catalogs and flyers introducing other products. Also in the bag was a small roll of Offray ribbon and a product by National Ribbon Company which can only be described as a disasterous attempt at a Lomey Shimmer-Wrap Wristlet. I'm semi-intrigued by a product called "Nashville Wraps" seen at www.nashvillewraps.com Described as an "eco friendly retail packaging, food packaging, and basket supply" product, it is a small shear bag which holds products for baskets. They also have a full line of gift wrap products at their website.

Finally, we have my nemesis...the Chocolate Rose by Helen Grace...I will spend the weekend staring at this from across the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment